What if the person you were falling for was a total mystery?
While Lily is spacing out in Chemistry one day, she picks up her pencil and scribbles a line from one of her favorite songs on the desk. The next day, someone else has written back to her on the desk! Soon enough Lily and the mystery student are exchanging notes, and lyrics, and even sharing secrets. When Lily finds out that her anonymous pen pal is a guy, she’s flustered — and kind of feels like she’s falling for him. She and her best friend set out to unravel the identity of the letter writer — but when the truth is revealed, the guy is the LAST person Lily could have ever imagined it to be. Now that Lily knows the truth, can she untangle her feelings and gather the courage to listen to her heart?
From beloved author Kasie West (The Distance Between Us) comes an utterly charming story about mixed messages, missed connections, and the magic of good old-fashioned secret admirer notes.
P.S. I Like This Book…And You Will, Too!
- It’s a Kasie West book! It’s no secret that Kasie writes fantastic contemporaries surrounding the heart of friendships, youth, family, funnies, swoon and romance, and P.S. I Like You is no exception. AUTO-BUY ALL THE KASIE WEST BOOKS.
- Mystery Boy not only loves music but knows quality music. Points for amazing music tastes. It’s a known fact that boys with great music taste are significantly more attractive.
- Speaking of music, Lily and Mystery Boy finish each others lyrics. With the mystery of the pen pal and the lyric train and geeking out about bands and music, I mean, how fun is that!? (Also, *SWOON*) Pfft, finishing each others sentences is so yesterday.
- Actual handwritten…anything. Whether it be handwritten letters or notes, or writing on desks, etc… It’ll make you nostalgic for the days of sitting in class with your best friend and passing notes to each other. The world has been so into the digital age with all the new technology these days, that hardly anyone takes the effort to personally handwrite/hand make things anymore. Lily and Mystery Pen Pal brought handwritten notes back. “There was something about the secrecy and the anticipation and the possibility of getting caught that made it much more exciting than texting.”
- Lily and Isabel are friendship goals. They don’t let anything–or boys–get between them. “We don’t need any cutesy traditions. We’re solid you and me.”
- Music. Listening to it, talking about it, obsessing over it, writing it, geeking about it, this story is pretty music-involved thanks to our music lover/songwriter Lily and Mystery Pen Pal with the awesome music taste.
- Tight-knit family. Lily’s family might seem a little chaotic and in each others hairs a lot, but they have nothing but love for each other. The lengths they go to for each other is so heartwarming, it brings a smile to your face and in your heart.
- The swoons. The Mystery Pen Pal will take you by surprise and sweep you off your feet before you know it! ❤
P.S. I Like Aesthetics
“I always smile.”
She laughed then stopped. “Okay, actually, you do smile a lot, just not usually at school.”
“That’s because high school is a crusher of souls.”
–Kasie West, P.S. I Like You (pg. 31)
*dies laughing at that last line* Who else agrees? ;p
–Kasie West, P.S. I Like You (pg. 286)
–Kasie West, P.S. I Like You (pg. 48)
–Kasie West, P.S. I Like You (pg. 181)
THIS. so much this.
P.S. I (We) Like Music
Like Lily and Mystery Boy, I love music as well. So, it’s only appropriate to create a fanmix for the book!
Octahate // Ryn Weaver
Favorite Record // Fall Out Boy
i hate u, i love u // gnash
fallingforyou // The 1975
It’s Real // Real Estate
Electric Love // BORNS
You’re Such A // Hailee Steinfeld
–Kasie West, P.S. I Like You (pg. 107)
Meet Kasie West
I write YA. I eat Junior Mints. Sometimes I go crazy and do both at the same time. My novels are: PIVOT POINT and its sequel SPLIT SECOND. And my contemporary novels: THE DISTANCE BETWEEN US, ON THE FENCE, THE FILL-IN BOYFRIEND, PS I LIKE YOU, and BY YOUR SIDE. My agent is the talented and funny Michelle Wolfson.